If you want to impress, this our cod recipe with Portuguese cornbread is fabulous and divine. Everyone will love and is easy to prepare! Try it!
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) Portuguese cornbread
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Wash the potatoes with the peel and place them on a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil. Bake about 25 to 30 minutes until the potatoes start to turn slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, put the Portuguese cornbread cut into pieces, onion, peeled garlic, pepper, parsley in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Remove briefly the baking dish from the oven and add the cod steaks. Pour the Portuguese cornbread mixture over the cod and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place the baking dish back in the oven about 15 minutes.
- When the potatoes and the Portuguese cornbread starts to turn golden brown, remove from the oven and serve.