If you want to give a special touch to cod, try this recipe. Breaded cod in the oven with potatoes, drizzled with a delicious olive oil and garlic sauce. It’s a perfect recipe for a family lunch. Bon appetit!!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 1 egg
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with a fork. Coat the cod steaks in the beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Place the olive oil, unpeeled crushed garlic, pepper and bay leaf in a saucepan and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the potatoes and the cod on a baking dish, drizzle with the olive oil and garlic mixture and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and serve.