Typical Portuguese soup, with excellent presentation very simple to prepare, confectioned with potatoes, carrots, leeks, turnips, peas and savoy cabbage, seasoned with olive oil and salt.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 liters (8 cups) water
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 medium onions
- 5 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1 leek
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) savoy cabbage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams (1 2/3 cups) peas
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan with 2 liters (8 cups) of water, place the potatoes, onions, three carrots, turnip and the leek, everything cut into pieces. Bring to heat and leave to cook about 25 minutes.
- When everything is cooked, remove from heat for a moment, and grind with a hand blender.
- Place again over heat, season with olive oil and a little salt and simmer.
- When starts boiling, place the remaining carrots cut into round slices, peas and the savoy cabbage cut into strips. Leave to cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.