Typical Portuguese soup, with excellent presentation very simple to prepare, confectioned with potatoes, carrots, leeks, turnips, peas and savoy cabbage, seasoned with olive oil and salt.
- 2 liters (8 cups) water
- 2 medium potatoes
- 3 medium onions
- 5 carrots
- 1 turnip
- 1 leek
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) savoy cabbage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 250 grams (1 2/3 cups) peas
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan with 2 liters (8 cups) of water, place the potatoes, onions, three carrots, turnip and the leek, everything cut into pieces. Bring to heat and leave to cook about 25 minutes.
- When everything is cooked, remove from heat for a moment, and grind with a hand blender.
- Place again over heat, season with olive oil and a little salt and simmer.
- When starts boiling, place the remaining carrots cut into round slices, peas and the savoy cabbage cut into strips. Leave to cook over low heat about 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.