Cod can be prepared in many ways and in the oven is always a great choice! This cod recipe in the oven with the delicious bacon and honey flavor will amaze everyone! Try it, you will love this mix of flavors…
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 900 grams (2 pounds) desalted cod
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) white wine
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) raw bacon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Put the onions cut into round slices in the bottom of a baking dish and, on top, the cod cut into pieces, the potatoes cut into cubes and the bacon cut into slices.
- In a bowl, combine the olive oil, the white wine, the chopped garlic, pepper, honey, nutmeg and the salt. Pour this mixture over the cod and the potatoes and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.