If you want to impress in a dinner, serve this strawberry pie for dessert makes you a great host.
- For the pastry:
- Zest of half lemon
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold margarine
- 1 egg
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) strawberries
- 3 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 100 grams (2/3 cup) brown sugar
- Strawberries for garnish
For the filling:
- For the pastry:
Mix well the flour, sugar, the margarine cut into cubes and the lemon zest in a food processor. Then, place this mixture and the egg in a large bowl. Knead with your hands until obtain a compact mixture.
- Place the pastry over a table and mold it in a square shape. Wrap the pastry in cling film and refrigerate for approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Remove the pastry from the fridge, place it on a table sprinkled with some flour and roll out the pastry with a rolling pin. Line a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry, prick the bottom with a fork and place some dried beans for the dough doesn’t rise when it goes to the oven. Bake about 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven, remove the beans and let the dough cool to room temperature.
- For the filling:
Wash, remove the strawberries stem and cut into pieces. Place in a blender with the yoghurt and the brown sugar and blend on high until smooth.
- Place the gelatin sheets in water about five minutes. Drain them well and melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir well with the help of a spoon. Add the melted gelatin to the strawberry mixture, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Pour the filling over the dough and refrigerate about six hours or overnight.
- Serve the pie garnished with strawberry slices.