Delicious squids stuffed with minced meat seasoned with salt, pepper, nutmeg and garlic, confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, tomato and onion, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) squids
- 200 grams (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams (7 ounces) minced pork
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 small onion to cook the potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the interior of the squid. Season the meat with salt, pepper, chopped garlic and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
- In a pan place 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, a chopped onion and two peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the meat and cook on low heat about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir once in a while. When the meat is cooked, turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- With the help of a teaspoon, fill the squids with small portions of the minced meat and secure the ends of each one with a toothpick.
- In a pan place the remaining olive oil, the remaining chopped onion and the remaining peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Pour the white wine and then, add the stuffed squid and cook on a low heat about 40 minutes. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in a pan with water seasoned with salt.
- Serve the stuffed squids and the boiled potatoes drizzled with the sauce.