A simple, fast and excellent cake to serve in a snack among friends! This cake with the delicious vanilla aroma and topped with caramelized apple has excellent presentation, it’s easy to prepare and everyone will like! Try it!!
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) softened butter
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) water
- 2 red apples
- Cinnamon powder (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 10 centimeters (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar, the softened butter and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the vanilla extract, the milk and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Meanwhile, wash and peel the apples. Cut them into pieces and place in a saucepan together with the brown sugar, water and the cinnamon stick. Stir and place the pan over medium-low heat about 15 to 20 minutes until the apple start to caramelize, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Place the apple pieces over the top of the cake and drizzle with the sauce. Let cool to room temperature, sprinkle with a little cinnamon and serve.