Who doesn’t like chocolate? We have an excellent solution for you! Try preparing a cake with the tasty orange aroma topped with a delicious chocolate cream! Bon appetit!!!
- For the cake:
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one orange
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams (5 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
For the topping:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Grease a round cake pan (20 x 7 centimeters (8 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the orange juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool completely.
- For the topping:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave, add the cream and stir with a fork until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife. Place the bottom slice of the cake on a plate and fill the middle with a portion of the chocolate cream. Cover with the top slice of the cake and pour the remaining chocolate cream over the cake.