If you like tuna, you’ll love this recipe. It’s a simple and different recipe of balls prepared with tuna, potatoes and some spices, fried with breadcrumbs. It’s the perfect recipe for a picnic with friends. Bon appetit!!!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 200 grams (7 ounces) potatoes
- 240 grams (8 1/2 ounces) canned tuna
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel, wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and mash the potatoes with a potato masher or with a fork.
- In a saucepan, place the shredded tuna, nutmeg, pepper, lemon juice, chopped onion, margarine, milk, chopped parsley, the mashed potato and the egg yolk. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until obtain a compact mixture. Heat over low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a dish. Mold the tuna and potato mixture with your hands in the shape of balls and coat them in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with oil. When the oil is hot, add the tuna balls and fry them until golden. When they are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the tuna balls with lettuce salad.