Cod drizzled with béchamel sauce2014-08-26
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious recipe of shredded cod fried in olive oil and onion, mixed in potatoes cut into cubes, seasoned with pepper, that goes to the oven drizzled with a mixture of béchamel, egg and lemon juice.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds))
- 1 egg
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 2 medium onions
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the cod in a pan with water about five minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it and place in a dish. Remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers. Set aside.
- Peel, wash the potatoes, cut them into cubes and season with a little salt. Reserve the potatoes in water.
- In a frying pan, place the olive oil and the onions cut into round slices. Bring to a medium-low heat and leave to sauté until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the potatoes and fry them about 15 minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Then, add the cod, season with pepper, stir and cook about five minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Meanwhile, with the help of a wire whisk mix the béchamel with the egg and a few drops of lemon juice. Set aside.
- Turn off the heat and drain the olive oil (do not drain completely the olive oil). Place the cod and the potatoes in a rectangular baking dish, drizzle with the béchamel mixture and bring to preheated oven at 180ºC / (350ºF) about 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve.