Delight yourself with this wonderful and very tasty apple cake with caramelized sauce. Mouth-watering…
For the cake:
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 3 eggs
- 3 apples
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons powdered coffee
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) whipping cream
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
For the sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- For the cake:
Peel and wash the apples. Cut them into pieces and put in a saucepan together with water and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, place the apple in a blender and blend until puree; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the brown sugar and the softened butter until obtain a creamy mixture. Then, add the eggs one by one and beat for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the apple puree and the vanilla powder and stir for 2 to 3 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool.
- For the sauce:
While the cake is baking in the oven, place the sugar in a saucepan and bring to a low heat until caramelize the sugar (until stay with a brownish color).
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, pour the cream and the coffee and mix well with a spoon. Bring to a low heat and when starts boiling, turn off the heat. Stir occasionally.
- When the sugar is completely caramelized, add the cream mixture and stir for one minute. Turn off the heat and dissolve the butter into the sauce with a spoon.
- Pour the sauce over the cake and serve.