- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:25 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Surprise your visits with this delicious and different chicken pudding recipe. Everyone will enjoy and want to repeat…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds) chicken
- 1 medium onion
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 small onion to cook the chicken
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the chicken in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a peeled onion, a sprig of parsley and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 35 to 40 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, drain it and let it cool. Remove the skin and bones and flake the chicken with a fork; set aside.
- Peel the skin off of the chouriço and cut into slices. Place the olive oil, chopped onion, bay leaf, the chouriço slices and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion begins to turn golden brown. Add the rice and the chicken, season with a little salt and pepper and stir with a spoon. Pour the water (twice the rice volume), stir and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine.
- Pour the rice mixture into the prepared pan and bake about 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven, unmold and serve with lettuce and tomato salad.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 30 g(46%)
Saturated Fat: 8 g(40%)
Cholesterol: 130 mg(43%)
Sodium: 780 mg(33%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 41 g