Pasta with monkfish and shrimp2014-11-22
- Servings : 4/5
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Delight yourself with our recipe of pasta with monkfish and shrimp. Very pleasant, easy to prepare and ideal for a Summer lunch.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds) monkfish
- 400 grams (14 ounces) shrimp
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) elbow pasta
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the monkfish in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low heat and cook about 20 to 25 minutes. When the monkfish is cooked, drain it, remove the skin and the bones and cut the fish in pieces; set aside.
- Place the shrimps in another saucepan with about 1 liter (about 4 cups) water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 5 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain with a skimmer and place on a plate. Allow to cool slightly and peel them. Reserve 1/2 liter (about 2 cups) of the cooking water.
- In a saucepan, place the chopped onion, the chopped garlic and the olive oil. Stir and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and cook until the tomatoes start to break down, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the shrimp cooking water seasoned with a little salt and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat, add the pasta and simmer about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the pasta is almost cooked, add the monkfish and the peeled shrimps, stir and turn off the heat. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.