If you want a delicious dessert, you should try this delicious blend of flavors, chocolate and strawberry mousse with chantilly.
For the chocolate mousse:
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams (6 3/4 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) strawberries
- 200 grams (7 ounces) condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 1 teaspoon sugar to beat the cream
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 300 ml (2/3 pint (315 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the strawberry mousse:
For the chantilly:
- For the chocolate mousse:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and mix with a fork until a creamy mixture; set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer beat on medium speed the egg yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Then, add the chocolate, without stop beating. Finally, add the beaten egg whites and fold gently with a spatula.
- Place the mousse in the bottom of individual bowls and refrigerate.
- For the strawberry mousse:
Wash, remove the strawberries stem and cut into pieces. Place in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Place the gelatin sheets in cold water about 5 minutes. Drain the sheets and place them in a bowl with 4 tablespoons milk. Melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and dissolve the gelatin sheets with a spoon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the strawberries puree, the condensed milk and the dissolved gelatin.
- Store the whipping cream in the fridge about 20 minutes. Whip the cream in a electric mixer until stiff peaks form (don’t overbeat the cream). Add the whipped cream to the strawberries mixture and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour small portions over the chocolate mousse and set aside.
- For the chantilly:
In an electric mixer beat the cream together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla until stiff peaks form (don’t overbeat the cream).
- Garnish the bowls with chantilly and refrigerate until set.
- Remove from fridge, sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve.