Shortcrust pastry pie filled with shredded cod sautéed in olive oil, onion and garlic, seasoned with pepper and nutmeg, mixed in fried potatoes, sprinkled with chopped parsley, which goes to oven topped with a sauce of béchamel and cream, sprinkled with grated cheese.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) desalted cod
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) potatoes
- 1 whole egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated cheese
- Cook the cod in a pan with water about ten minutes. When the cod is cooked, place it on a plate, remove the skins and the spines and shred it into slivers. Set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into thin sticks, season with a little salt and fry them in hot oil. When they are fried, place them on a platter over absorbent paper. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic. Leave to sauté on a low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden brown. Add the shredded cod, season with a little pepper and nutmeg, stir with a wooden spoon and leave to cook about four to five minutes. Stir once in a while. Add the fried potatoes and mix gently. Remove the pan briefly from heat, add the beaten egg and mix well. Place the pan back over heat and cook about two to three minutes, stirring constantly with a spoon. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- In a bowl, whisk the béchamel and the whipping cream.
- Line a pie pan (24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with shortcrust pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour the cod and potatoes mixture and, on top, drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve the pie with lettuce and tomato salad.