A refreshing sweet with a delicious mix of flavors, lemon mousse confectioned with condensed milk, gelatin sheets, milk, sugar and lemon juice, topped with a layer of chocolate mousse.
For the lemon mousse:
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- 3 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) condensed milk
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
For the chocolate mousse:
- For the lemon mousse:
Separate the yolks from the whites. Place in a bowl the condensed milk and the yolks and mix well with a wire whisk.
- Place the gelatin sheets in a bowl along with the milk about four minutes. Melt in microwave about 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and dissolve the gelatin sheets in the milk with the help of a spoon.
- Add the lemon juice and the gelatin sheets dissolved in the milk to the condensed milk mixture and mix well. Whisk the egg whites with two tablespoons sugar until stiff. Add the egg whites to the previous mixture and fold gently with a spatula. Refrigerate for three hours.
- For the chocolate mousse:
In a bowl melt in the microwave the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine; set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer, beat well the egg yolks with the sugar. Add the melted chocolate with the margarine and beat well. Then, add the egg whites and fold gently with the help of a spatula. Pour the chocolate mousse over the lemon mousse and refrigerate until solidify.