Mini tuna pies that can be served hot or cold. An excellent meal to bring to a Summer picnic.
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 450 grams / (1 pound) canned tuna
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Then, add the tuna and season with a little pepper. Stir and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Grease mini pie pans with margarine. Roll out the shortcrust pastry over a table, cut circles with the help of a glass cup and line the pie pans with the dough (prick the bottom with a fork). Pour small portions of the tuna mixture and cover with small dough circles. Gently press the edges with a fork to connect the dough. Brush on top with beaten egg yolk and bake about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, unmold and serve.