Give a special touch to a creamy carrot soup, add the orange aroma and delight yourself…
- 4 carrots
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) water
- Peel of an orange
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 1 leek
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a large saucepan with 1.5 liters (about 6 cups) water, put the orange peel, onions, potatoes, leek and the carrots, everything cut into pieces. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 25 minutes.
- Remove briefly the pan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil, orange juice and some salt. Stir and place the saucepan back on the stove until it boils.
- When the soup starts boiling, turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.