Are you having a special dinner with friends or family and want to prepare a delicious dessert? This chocolate and chantilly pie will surprise your visits! Serve the pie garnished with grated chocolate, bon appetit!!!
- For the pastry:
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) cold water
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) margarine
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated chocolate for garnish
For the filling:
- For the pastry:
Mix the flour, the sugar and the margarine cut into cubes in a food processor until a fine powder. Put the mixture in a bowl and pour the water. Knead with your hands until obtain a compact mixture.
- Put the pastry over a table and mold it in a square shape. Wrap the pastry in cling film and refrigerate for approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and place it on a table over tracing paper. Roll out the pastry with a rolling pin (sprinkle the rolling pin with a little flour). Line a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry (along with the tracing paper), prick the bottom with a fork and put some dried beans for the dough doesn’t rise when it goes to the oven. Bake about 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven, remove the beans and let the dough cool to room temperature.
- For the filling:
Put the chocolate broken into pieces together with the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from the microwave and stir until obtain a creamy mixture; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the brown sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the chocolate and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Pour the cream over the pie and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Remove the pie from the fridge and spread the chantilly over the chocolate. Refrigerate for more 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from fridge, garnish with grated chocolate and serve.