If you like mango this recipe is perfect for you! Prepare from the dough to the filling of this fabulous mango pie that have excellent presentation and is a delight…
- For the dough:
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of half lemon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold margarine
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) mango pulp
- 150 ml (1/3 pint (157ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 3 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) whipping cream
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon margarine
For the filling:
- For the dough:
Mix well the flour, sugar, the margarine cut into cubes and the lemon zest in a food processor. Then, place this mixture and the egg in a large bowl. Knead with your hands until obtain a compact mixture.
- Place the pastry over a table and mold it in a square shape. Wrap the pastry in cling film and refrigerate for approximately 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Remove the pastry from the fridge, place it on a table with parchment paper and roll out the pastry with a rolling pin dusted with some flour. Line a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry, prick the bottom with a fork and place some dried beans for the dough doesn’t rise when it goes to the oven. Bake about 25 minutes until slightly golden.
- Turn off the oven, remove the parchment paper and the beans and let the dough cool to room temperature.
- For the filling:
In a electric mixer, whip the cream with one tablespoon powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- Put the gelatin sheets in water about four minutes. Drain them well and put them in a bowl. Melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the mango pulp and the yogurt. Add the melted gelatin sheets and mix well. Finally, add the whipped cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture inside the dough and refrigerate until set (about 4 hours).
- For garnish:
In a bowl, put the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine. Melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave, pour the cream and stir well with a fork until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Remove the pie from fridge, garnish with chocolate and serve.