Delight yourself with this pie that have a perfect match of flavors, pear and honey… It’s easy to prepare and very tasty…
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
For the pastry:
- Zest of half lemon
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) cold margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 pears
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of half a lemon
For the filling:
- For the pastry:
Mix well the flour, sugar, the margarine cut into cubes and the lemon zest in a food processor. Then, place this mixture and the egg in a large bowl. Knead with your hands until obtain a compact mixture.
- Place the pastry over a table and mold it in a square shape. Wrap the pastry in cling film and store in the fridge about 45 minutes.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge, place it on a table sprinkled with some flour and roll out the pastry with a rolling pin. Line a pie pan (24 centimeters (9 1/2 inches)) with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- For the filling:
Wash, peel and cut the pears into thin slices. Place them in a large bowl and drizzle with lemon juice to not oxidize. Pour one tablespoon honey and sprinkle with three tablespoons brown sugar. Mix everything well and fill the pie with this mixture. Pour over the pie the remaining honey tablespoon and sprinkle with one tablespoon brown sugar.
- Bake the pie about 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, unmold and serve the pie preferably cold. Store in the fridge.