To give a special touch to dinner, we suggest you to prepare a delicious tuna puffs… They have an excellent presentation that will impress anyone and are very easy to prepare. Serve with salad and a good white wine.
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds) frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) milk
- 2 tablespoons corn starch flour
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
For the béchamel sauce:
- For the béchamel sauce:
Place the butter in a saucepan and heat over low heat. When the butter start to melt, add the flour with a little milk and whisk until the flour is dissolved. Gradually add the rest of the milk, increase to medium heat and stir until a homogeneous and creamy mixture, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and season with a little salt, pepper and nutmeg. Mix the seasonings in the sauce and let cool. Béchamel sauce recipe.
- Shred the tuna with a fork and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the tuna and season with pepper and nutmeg. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the béchamel, mix in the tuna and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, Put the dough on a table sprinkled with some flour and roll out the pastry with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 10 centimeters (4 inches) squares.
- On top of a square dough, place a tuna layer. Put on top another square dough and repeat the same procedure. Close with a square dough and brush with beaten egg yolk. Repeat the same procedure for the other puffs.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Put the puffs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve the puffs with lettuce salad.