A delicious sweet, panna cotta confectioned with white chocolate, milk, whipping cream, vanilla pod, sugar and gelatin sheets, drizzled with a sauce prepared with strawberries, lemon juice and sugar.
For the panna cotta:
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) white chocolate
- 400 ml (1 3/4 cups) milk
- 400 ml (1 pint (473 ml)) whipping cream
- 1 vanilla pod
- 8 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 160 grams (3/4 cup) granulated sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 200 grams (7 ounces) strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the sauce:
- For the panna cotta:
In a bowl place the gelatin sheets in cold water; set aside.
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise with the help of a knife, remove the seeds and set aside.
- In a saucepan, place the whipping cream, milk, seeds, vanilla pod, and simmer on a low heat. When starts boiling add the chocolate broken into pieces, the gelatin and let melt.
- Remove from heat and pour the mixture in glass bowls. Refrigerate overnight.
- For the sauce:
In a saucepan, place the lemon juice, the washed strawberries without stem and the sugar.
- Place over low heat and stir until pureed. Remove from heat, place the puree in a blender and grind. Let cool completely.
- Place the panna cotta on a plate and drizzle around with the sauce.
Note: With the help of a knife unmold the panna cotta from the bowls and dip the bottom of the bowls in hot water.