- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
To give a special touch to dinner, we suggest you to prepare a delicious tuna puffs… They have an excellent presentation that will impress anyone and are very easy to prepare. Serve with salad and a good white wine.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk
- Shred the tuna with a fork and set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the tuna and season with pepper and nutmeg. Stir and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, pour the béchamel, mix in the tuna and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, Put the dough on a table sprinkled with some flour and roll out the pastry with a rolling pin. Cut the dough into 10 centimeters / (4 inches) squares.
- On top of a square dough, place a tuna layer. Put on top another square dough and repeat the same procedure. Close with a square dough and brush with beaten egg yolk. Repeat the same procedure for the other puffs.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Put the puffs on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve the puffs with lettuce salad.