Caramelized lemon sponge cake2016-09-13
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 60m
Like sponge cake but want to prepare a different recipe? We suggest this caramelized lemon sponge cake recipe! It’s very tasty and delicious. It’s ideal for any special occasion!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar to caramelize
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized).
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the lemon juice, vanilla extract and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently the whipped egg whites with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
Caramelized lemon sponge cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 68 mg(23%)
Sodium: 26 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 39 g(13%)
Protein: 3.5 g