If you want to prepare a simple cake, you must make this honey cake recipe with a delicious touch of rum! It’s perfect to serve with tea in a snack with family or friends!
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) butter
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs together with the sugar and the butter until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the honey and the rum and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold, let cool to room temperature and serve with tea.