Want to prepare a different cake with special flavor? We have an excellent option for you! Try this recipe of Lemon Verbena cake. It’s delicious, pleasant, aromatic and with excellent presentation.
- 2 tablespoons lemon Verbena dried leaves
- 5 eggs
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) softened butter
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- Chop nicely the lemon Verbena leaves.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Pour the lemon juice, chopped leaves, butter and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.