Do you want to prepare a cake with few ingredients and with strong and intense spices? This cake combines the delicious cinnamon aroma with the fennel. Serve with tea in a snack with friends…
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon fennel
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the cinnamon, fennel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.