Invite your friends and prepare this simple and very tasty recipe of cockles drizzled with lemon juice. A delight…
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) cockles
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- A pinch of salt
- Put the cockles in salted water about one hour to remove the sand.
- Wash the cockles in running water and put them in a saucepan with chopped garlic, pepper and some salt. Drizzle with olive oil and stir with a wooden spoon. Cover the pan and cook over low heat until the cockles open completely. Occasionally shake the pan.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and let stand about 5 minutes. Put the cockles on a platter, drizzle with lemon juice and serve with toasted bread.