There are many ways to cook rabbit! This traditional Portuguese rabbit recipe is quick, very simple to prepare and is very tasty with the delicious tomato aroma! Try, you gonna love it…
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 5 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 2 medium onions
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices and the peeled garlic in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces together with the red pepper sauce and cook over medium-low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the rabbit and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Drizzle with white wine, stir and cook over low heat for about 45 to 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with fries or white rice.