A wonderful pippin apple jam to serve among friends on a summer afternoon. Delicious…
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) pippin apple
- 300 grams (1 1/3 cups) granulated sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 300 ml (1 1/3 cups) water
- 1 lemon zest
- Wash, peel and remove the seeds to the apples.
- In a saucepan, put the apple cut into small pieces together with the water, lemon peel, sugar and the cinnamon sticks. Stir and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 30 to 35 minutes until thickens slightly (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and the lemon zest and let cool to room temperature. Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.