Delicious roll cake, with excellent presentation, prepared with a dough confectioned with flour, sugar, chocolate powder and eggs, stuffed with a chocolate sauce and garnished with powdered sugar.
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
For the filling:
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs with the sugar. Add the flour, without stop beating.
- Divide the dough in two. In one of them, add the chocolate powder and mix well.
- Line a rectangular baking tray (30 x 20 x 5 centimeters (11 3/4 x 8 x 2 inches)) with tracing paper and alternate the two doughs until the tray stay completely covered.
- Place the baking tray in preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 20 minutes (the time depends on the oven) (must stay slightly toasted on top, and soft inside).
- For the filling:
Break the chocolate into pieces and place inside a bowl together with the margarine. Melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a spoon. Add the whipping cream, mix well and set aside.
- Place a tracing paper on a tray with the measure of the dough. When the dough is cooked remove from the oven and turn the tray over the tracing paper. Remove carefully the tracing paper and cut with a knife the edges of the cake.
- With the help of a spatula, spread the chocolate filling on top of the cake. Wrap the cake very slowly to not break. Roll up the cake and at the same time go removing the tracing paper.
- Place in a platter, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.