A delicious recipe much appreciated in our country. Try this seafood bread soup, you’re gonna love this flavors mixture.
- 450 grams (1 pound) shrimp
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) clams
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) crab sticks
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) stale bread
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 bunch of coriander to cook the seafood
- 500 ml (about 2 cups) water
- Place the clams to soak in salted water for one to two hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Put the clams in a saucepan with water at least (500 ml (about 2 cups)) seasoned with a bunch of coriander. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook until the clams open. Then, drain the clams and let cool. Add the shrimp and the crab steaks to the clams cooking water and cook about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the shrimps and the crab sticks and let cool. Reserve the cooking water.
- Remove the clams from the shell, peel the shrimp and cut the crab sticks into pieces.
- Place the olive oil and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat about two to three minutes. Pour some of the cooking water and the bread cut into small pieces. Stir and go pouring the water until the bread starts to break down, stirring constantly. Add the shrimp, the clams and the crab sticks into small pieces, season with a little pepper and salt and mix in the bread (add more water and season with salt if you think necessary).
- Remove the pan briefly from heat and mix well the egg yolks (must be a quick process). Place the pan back over heat about two to three minutes. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.