A typical and very tasty recipe of cod sprinkled with a delicious mixture of chopped parsley and onion… Served with black-eyed beans…
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) black-eyed beans
- 1 medium onion
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the beans in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 30 minutes. When the beans are cooked, drain them with a skimmer and set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the cod for approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the cod; set aside.
- In a bowl, mix with a fork the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped parsley and some pepper.
- Place the black-eyed beans and the cod in a dish, season the cod with the onion parsley mixture and serve.