Want to prepare a very nutritious and tasty meal? We have the perfect solution for you, white beans with chouriço and poached eggs. Try it!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 400 grams (14 ounces) white beans
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 eggs
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with about 1 liter (about 4 cups) water cook the beans about 15 to 20 minutes. When the beans are cooked, turn off the heat, drain the beans with a skimmer and set aside. Reserve the beans cooking water.
- Put the olive oil, chopped onion, chopped garlic, pepper, the bay leaves and the chouriço cut into round slices in a sauce and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the beans and season with a little salt. Stir and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the beans cooking water (about 400 ml (1 3/4 cups)), stir and cook over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the eggs and poach them about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.