- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Like cod and want to prepare a simple and tasty recipe? Try this cod rice recipe with the pleasant taste of peppers and tomato! Mouthwatering…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds))
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the cod in a saucepan with water and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 7 to 8 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer and let cool slightly. Remove the skin and bones and flake the cod with a fork; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces together with the peppers cut into strips and cook until the tomatoes start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the flaked cod and season with some pepper. Stir and cook about five minutes. Then, add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir, pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve immediately.