Cuttlefish with peas and carrots2014-11-12
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Cuttlefish with peas and carrots is a very delicious, rich and nutritious recipe, with excellent presentation. Try it and tell us your opinion.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) cuttlefish
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion
- 300 grams (2 cups) peas
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Clean and wash the cuttlefish. Cut them into pieces and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, bay leaf, chopped garlic, chopped onion and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the cuttlefish, season with salt and stir with a wooden spoon. Cover the saucepan and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the carrots and cut them into pieces. Add the peas and the carrot pieces to the pan, stir and pour the water (enough water to cover the mixture). Season with a little more salt, cover the pan and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.