This wonderful recipe of conger with aromatic crust is ideal for a Winter dinner with friends or family.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 conger steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1 lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- Parsley (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the fish in a baking pan and season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and lemon slices. Let marinate about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Drizzle the fish with 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil and bake about 20 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the fish with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, put the parsley and the garlic in a food processor and pulse until well chopped. Put the mixture in a bowl, add the breadcrumbs and thyme and mix all ingredients.
- Remove briefly the fish from the oven, sprinkle with the previous mixture and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Place the fish back on the oven about 10 minutes or until the crust starts to turn golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve the conger with roasted potatoes.