Want a nutritious, creamy and very tasty soup? This creamy broccoli soup recipe is the ideal option. Served with toasts is a delight, try it!
- 2 liters (about 9 cups) water
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 medium onions
- 1 carrot
- 300 grams (10 1/2 ounces) broccoli
- 1 turnip
- 1 leek
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 6 broccoli for garnish
- Peel and wash the carrot, onions, potatoes, turnip and the leek. In a large saucepan with 2 liters (about 9 cups) water put the potatoes, leek, turnip, onions and the carrot, everything cut into pieces. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 20 minutes. When all the ingredients are almost cooked, add the broccoli (300 grams (10 1/2 ounces)) and cook more 5 minutes.
- Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and use a hand blender to blend the soup until creamy. Season with olive oil and some salt. Add the broccoli (6), stir and place the saucepan back on the stove over high heat. Boil for 2 to 3 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Serve this delicious broccoli soup with toasts.