Delicious orange roll cake with excellent presentation, confectioned with sugar, eggs, flour, orange juice and margarine, topped with sugar.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 eggs
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- Juice of one orange
- Zest of one orange
- Sugar for dusting
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) margarine
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks along with the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a very creamy mixture. Add the softened butter and the orange juice, without stop beating. Then, beat the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the beaten egg whites.
- Line a baking tray (36 x 30 centimeters (14 1/4 x 11 3/4 inches)) with butter and parchment paper and spread the dough on top with the help of a spatula. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 15 minutes until golden slightly (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and sprinkle the cake with sugar. Place a tea towel over top and flip the cake over the table. Remove the tray and peel carefully the parchment paper. Cut with a knife the edges of the cake. Using the towel, start rolling the cake gently from one short end to the other (remove the towel as you rolling). Place the roll cake on a rectangular plate and serve.