Want to prepare a different and special meal with beef steaks? Try to prepare Portuguese steaks with the traditional flavor of the ham that gives a special touch to your dish. Bon appetit!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 beef steaks (about 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces))
- Ham slices (about 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces))
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with a little salt and pepper. Cut the ham slices into thin strips.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Fry the ham strips on both sides over medium-low heat until they turn slightly golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. When they are fried, place them on a dish with absorbent paper and set aside.
- Add the steaks to the skillet and fry them on both sides over medium-low heat for about 7 to 8 minutes. Remove the steaks from the frying pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add the white wine, bay leaf, the unpeeled crushed garlic and the mustard to the skillet and cook over medium-low heat about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, place the ham strips over the steaks and drizzle with the sauce. Serve with french fries cut into slices.