Don’t know what to do with the steaks you have in the fridge? Prepare this delicious and simple steaks stewed in olive oil and onion.
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces))
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- Rosemary (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 large onion
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with some salt, pepper, nutmeg, chopped rosemary and white wine. Let marinate about one hour.
- Place the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, bay leaf and the peeled garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the steaks with the marinade and cook over low heat about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the steaks with fries or white rice.