A simple recipe with a very pleasant mixture of flavors. Stewed meat with rice and poached eggs is the ideal recipe to serve at a dinner in family or with friends…
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) beef cut into cubes
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) peas
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 4 eggs
- 1 bay leaf
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, chopped garlic, chopped onion, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, bay leaf, the chouriço slices, peas and the meat. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, stir and cook over low heat about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the rice and season with a little more salt. Stir, pour the water (enough to completely cover the mixture) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes. When the rice is almost cooked, add the eggs and let them poach.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.