Chicken with chorizo2014-11-30
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
This recipe has a flavors combination that will please you a lot! Chicken cooked with chorizo and with the light flavor of the carrot… Sprinkle with chopped parsley and it’s ready to serve!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 1 large onion
- Oregano (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 medium carrots
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, bay leaf and white wine.
- In a food processor, chop the chorizo cut into round slices, the oregano, the onion cut into pieces and the garlics; set aside.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, the peeled carrots cut into slices, the chopped chorizo mixture and the chicken with the marinade. Stir, cover the pan and cook over low heat about 50 to 55 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve the chicken with white rice or fries.