Chocolate orange cake2013-12-11
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
If there are flavors that go really well together are chocolate and orange…Imagine a creamy and delicious cake with these scents…You have to try it as soon as possible…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) chocolate powder
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters / (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, orange zest and sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Add the powdered chocolate and the orange juice and mix for approximately 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.