Chocolate orange cake2013-12-11
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
If there are flavors that connect well are the chocolate and the orange! Imagine a creamy and delicious cake with these aromas… You have to try this tasty chocolate orange cake!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Put the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and mix until obtain a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, orange zest and sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate and the orange juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.