Cod in the oven with egg and béchamel2016-03-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Cod in the oven is one of those recipes that everyone likes and it’s always an option when you make a dinner among friends or family… This recipe goes in the oven with boiled eggs and béchamel sauce… A delight…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds))
- 2 eggs
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 350 ml / (1 1/2 cups) béchamel
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the cod steaks in a saucepan with water and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for approximately 6 to 7 minutes. When the cod is cooked, drain it with a skimmer. Remove the skin and bones and flake it with a fork. Season with some pepper and set aside.
- Bake the eggs in a saucepan. When the eggs are cooked, peel them and cut into slices; set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes, season with salt and fry in hot oil (don’t fry too much). When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Place the olive oil and the sliced onions in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Add the potatoes and the cod, stir gently with a spoon and cook about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a bowl, whisk together the cream and the béchamel.
- In a rectangular baking dish, place the cod and potatoes mixture. Garnish with the egg slices and cover with the béchamel and cream mixture. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- Turn off the oven and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 25 g(38%)
Saturated Fat: 8 g(40%)
Cholesterol: 225 mg(75%)
Sodium: 1130 mg(47%)
Total Carbohydrate: 64 g(21%)
Protein: 49 g