Delight chocolate cake2014-07-23
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Chocolate is always irresistible and delicious… Imagine this chocolate cake served for snack with a hot cup of tea… Your family and friends will love it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) dark brown sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 10 centimeters / (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Put the chocolate broken into pieces and the butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and mix with a fork until a creamy mixture; set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and store in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, the brown sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the chocolate mixture, the lemon juice, the vanilla extract and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat the flour mixed with the baking powder until a quite creamy mixture. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 12 g(18%)
Saturated Fat: 7 g(36%)
Cholesterol: 89 mg(30%)
Sodium: 82 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27.5 g(9%)
Protein: 4.5 g