- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Every cod dishes are always very appreciated in the Portuguese gastronomy. Prepare this traditional cod recipe with the typical seasonings like the olive oil, onion and garlic and make an excellent meal.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 desalted cod steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 pounds))
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- Olives (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the potatoes, place them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook the potatoes about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes with a skimmer. With a knife, give a small cut on each potato and set aside.
- Cut the cod steaks into pieces.
- Put the olive oil, the onion cut into round slices, the red pepper cut into strips and the unpeeled crushed garlics in a frying pan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the cod, season with pepper and paprika and cook the cod on both sides about 10 minutes. Add the potatoes, shake the frying pan and cook for more 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Garnish with olives and serve.