Do not have much time and want to prepare a quick, tasty and different recipe? Try this leek ‘à Brás’ recipe, it’s very easy to prepare and your family will love it. Bon appetit!!!
- 200 grams (7 ounces) leek
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 medium onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes
- 1 whole egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the leek into round slices and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into thin sticks. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them in a dish with absorbent paper and set aside. Whisk the whole egg in a bowl; set aside.
- Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the leek in a saucepan and cook over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes and mix gently. Remove briefly the pan from heat and let cool slightly. Pour the beaten egg, mix well and place back the pan over low heat for more two to three minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg yolk and the chopped parsley. Mix gently and serve.