Have you been invited to a lunch with friends and want to prepare a delicious cake? We suggest this orange and brown sugar cake recipe, it’s easy to make and your friends will love the mix of flavors that the cake offers. Try it!!
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) brown sugar
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one orange
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the brown sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Pour the orange juice and mix for 1 to 2 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.